It’s BBQ season, so one thing you have a lot of come Monday morning is meat. Leftover meat. And since you tried to make it a healthy weekend but it didn’t quite work out that way, chances are you have some bagged salad.
I love creating ‘big salads’ with all my leftovers. Rotisserie chicken, brisket, hanger steak, turkey all work to make a great dinner salad. If you’ve been experimenting with short ribs, then those are the perfect protein addition to this delicious taco salad made with bagged Fresh Express lettuce or veggie lovers salad.
Monday is the perfect day to right all your diet wrongs from the weekend. Pull together those leftovers into a meal worth running toward.
- 1 bag Fresh Express 24 ounce Veggie Lovers Bagged Salad
- 2 firm avocado, diced
- 2 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 lb coarsely grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1/2 fresh lime
- 50 blue corn tortilla chips
- Fork off pieces onto a plate and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, mix all salad ingredients together. Top with shredded short rib and drizzle desired amount of ranch over the entire salad.
- Around the perimeter of the bowl, place blue corn tortilla chips.
- Finish with fresh lime juice.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, mix all ingredients. Serve chilled
image courtesy of FreshExpress